Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Glimpse Into the Future...

The other day I got an email from my friend Jenn Pilch. She's quite the character. She said that she had a glimpse into my future. I couldn't stop laughing at what she sent me. Before I get into that though, this is how it all started. She says that every time I call her, she thinks to herself, "Oh my gosh, Lexi's pregnant and she's calling to tell me." It's a good thing I don't call her every day. So we had a long conversation the other day about the different ways to tell people you're pregnant. We both decided a text was completely kosher, but I promised to her that if I was pregnant, I would call her. Just so that when I am actually pregnant and calling her to tell her, she can say, "I knew it. I knew that's why you were calling me." :) Anyhoo, back to the glimpse. She sent me an email with actual proof of what my future son will look like. Here was her reasoning:
  • Lexi looks like Julia Roberts.
  • Casey looks like Macaulay Culkin (Home Alone years).
  • Therefore, our son will look like a Macaulay and Julia offspring.
Well, it just so happens that Julia Roberts does have a son, not with Macaulay, who strangely resembles Macaulay Culkin. Jenn sent me this picture just to show me what I can look forward to someday. So without further adieu, here he is in all his glory, our son, Macauley Roberts Patterson.


Isn't he adorable? We're so proud.

8 comments:

diana said...

Whoa! That kid does look like Macaulay Culkin! But I have a feeling yours will be much cuter.

Katie said...

So funny Lexi! But SERIOUSLY---your kids will be way cuter than that little boy, LOL! I'm glad you're a good sport!

Michelle said...

Hi Lexi. Its your cousin Michelle Burdick LeRoy....I agree your baby will be way cuter. You are gorgeous. I mean it. Anyway I want to keep my blog open to you so please send me your email before I make my blog private. michelleburdick@cox.net

with much love,
Michelle

p.s. Missed the reunion again...did you get to go?

I have been trying to keep up on checking the blog for your father. I pray for him and your wonderful family

Linds Forrest said...

That is hillarious! What a funny friend! Hey I have a random question... what did you do when you worked at Grand America? Did you enjoy it? Do you think they are hiring?

Jenn said...

Ha Ha, so funny. I'm not quite sure what to make out of the "quite the character" comment though. Regardless, I eagerly await the day that you call to tell me that a little Macauley is on the way. So get busy my friend.

Lauren said...

hahaha that's awesome. But I'm sure that you guys will have cuter kids. By the way I love your new picture at the top with Casey and the pier!! Did you take that!? Props to you.

Morph This said...

In the event that your son does look like this.. he is absolutely adorable! if he doesn't, your tall skinny gangly children will be much better looking.

Mandi said...

Lexi, it has been a long time! So before I read this post, I saw the picture and I really thought for a second it was you! Your hotter than she is though. So, I'm excited to hear when you do make the announcement! Life gets so much better with little kids drooling all over the place!