Monday, May 18, 2009

Introducing...Stick Figure Patterson

We went to the doctor's last week for my 34 week check up. My doctor said, "Your baby is looking really good and healthy. Strong heartbeat. His head is measuring ahead of schedule at 37 weeks. His legs are measuring really long at 36 weeks. And his belly is measuring 33 weeks. He's got a really big head." After we stopped laughing (and grimacing at the thought of a large head during delivery), I said, "So basically we are having a stick figure?" Ha ha ha. He got a kick out of that. He looked at us and said, "Well what did you two expect?" I guess he's got a point there. The good news is that he is in the right position. Head down. Moving towards the exit. Good boy! The doctor kept commenting on how big his head was. I took that as a compliment because big heads equal intelligence, right? Then for the rest of the appointment, Casey couldn't stop himself from quoting So I Married an Axe Murdered. "It's like an orange on a toothpick." Sure it's funny until you start thinking about a really large melon coming out of a small hole, then it's not so funny. But at least he'll be smart? I'll just keep telling myself that.

I finished my online childbirth class yesterday. At the end of it, they encouraged us to watch a real live natural birth. Man, was that a mistake. I was dry-heaving by the end. What did I sign up for?

35 days! Am I ready?

This is my last week of work. My maternity leave starts next week. I'm stoked. Can't wait to get everything ready for our baby boy. I'll post pics of the nursery as soon as it's all done.

My sister Nikki and some of my close friends in our ward threw me a baby shower this week. It was perfect. So much fun and so good to see everyone. There were so many people there that I hardly got the chance to talk to everyone, but I am so grateful to everyone who came. I love all my friends! A lot of my volleyball girlfriends were able to come and the ladies from the ward kept commenting that it was giant land. Ha ha ha. So funny. There is a height limit in my group of friends. Honestly. No, not really. But I have spent the last 10 years of my life on volleyball teams and that is where I've made my closest friends, so I guess us tall girls stick together. I love my teammates! Anyhow, Nikki threw me a circle-themed party with the best salads, cookies, and cupcakes. She did such a great job. Thank you so much Nikki! You're the best. And thank you so much to everyone who helped with the shower. Especially Linnie for letting us have it at her house! I got the most incredible gifts. Blankets, bibs, burp clothes, clothes, shoes, toys, books, diapers, and more blankets. I LOVED everything so much. I can't wait for this little man to get here already so I can start using all of my baby stuff.


I'm working on my nursery this week. I'll post pics of it soon.

1 comment:

AMY said...

That was so fun to see everyone! I can't wait to see little Cash! Love you Lex!-Hulsers