Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year. New List.


My New Year’s Resolutions are getting stale. I feel the need to liven them up a bit. Instead of my go to’s: work out more, be more righteous/spiritual, learn something new, be a better mom/wife, save more money, etc. I’m going to mix it up in 2012. Not that those aren’t important things to do. Everyone should strive to do those things, but I should already be doing them. I want to resolve to do more than what I know I’m already supposed to be doing.

29 things to do before I turn 30
29. Get better at tennis
28. Play in a volleyball tournament
27. Perfect an authentic Italian style margherita pizza from scratch
26. Swim in a hot springs
25. Help someone move
24. Picture collage a wall in my apartment
23. Take a picture every day
22. Learn conversational Spanish
21. Make paper mache piñatas with my boys
20. Clean someone’s house in secret
19. Dance party with my boys at every opportunity
18. Make someone a picnic
17. Kidnap my nieces for a sleepover
16. Handwrite a letter to each of my siblings
15. Begin the process of getting my Masters
14. Surprise Casey
13. Invite someone I don’t know that well over to my house for dinner
12. Buy a complete stranger’s groceries
11. Give twelve days of Christmas Secret Santa gifts to someone in June
10.  Write down some of my favorite memories of my parents for my boys
9. Bike ride on the beach at sunset
8. Go out dancing with Casey
7. Send someone flowers anonymously
6. Make chicken noodle soup for someone that is sick
5. Learn more about Photoshop and photography
4. Visit my niece in Chicago
3. Read the New Testament
2. Plant an herb garden
1. Take a trip to New York City

After I have accomplished all 29 things, I’m gonna do something crazy on my 30th birthday. Like skydiving or bungee jumping. Who wants to come?

6 comments:

ChelseaSpilsbury said...

I'm too chicken to bungee jump... But I will do Chicago with you. These are some really really good ideas...

Erica Crismon said...

I do. I want to come! All those things are great and you've inspired me to not make pregnancy and feeling miserable an excuse to be the same person I was in 2011. Love you Lex!!

Kristin Richards said...

i love this list..... i love you.... i can't wait for our trip to new york

Linds Forrest said...

I'll come skydiving! I'm more afraid to bungee. ha. And I'll take tennis lessons with you! I want to so bad!

Zach and Cecily said...

I could teach you tennis. I don't know if you know this or not but I was #1 mixed doubles champion at UVSC... Jenn was #2.

Lauren said...

i'm in!!! love the list. love you even more and i may just have to do the same thing. way to think outside the box my dear ;)