Monday, February 14, 2011

Reunited And It Feels So Good

We drove to Arizona to see some familiar faces in January. My BYU coach is now the head coach at ASU and his wife threw him a surprise 40th birthday party. Many of my teammates were going to come in for the weekend and I couldn't miss out on the party. So Casey, Cash, and I piled in the car and made the 5-hour trek to my homeland. We decided to make the most of the weekend by cramming in a bachelorette party for my best friend Erica who recently moved to Arizona and then got engaged! It was a really fun weekend filled with all of my favorite things: parties, good food, great conversations, and event greater friends.

Two of my teammates are also pregnant with boys and due the same month as me! Here we are in all our pregnant glory. I finally started showing mid-January. I'm 25 weeks along in these pictures.

 Here are all of my teammates at Jason's bday party.
It was a quick trip, but we squeezed in lunch with our cousins, Greg & Chelsea. Cash loves hanging out with their kids, Finn and Goldie, and I just love reuniting with family. This trip really made me miss Arizona. I can't believe that I don't have any siblings living there anymore. We all started there and somehow none of us ended up there. Maybe someday we will all return to our homeland. At least I hope we will. I miss the Valley of the Sun.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Nothing like reuniting with friends from the volleyball world! I can't believe how NOT showing you are still.

Laura Earl said...

Ah it was so fun to see you and your cute Cash! Hope you are feeling well :)