Saturday, August 27, 2011

Remembering Dad

It's the one-year anniversary of my Dad's passing and I spent the day doing nothing. Casey was in Norway and the boys and I weren't feeling great. So we just sat around the house. I had a lot of time to think about my Dad. Man, do I miss that guy. I wanted to pick up the phone and hear his voice. Or tell him about all the funny things that Cash is saying/doing and how cute Guy is. I can just hear him making a joke about Guy's name. He had a great laugh. For me it wasn't a sad day. It was a day to remember him and what a great Dad and Grandpa he was.



My Dad was always very supportive of my athletic career, but it was after my Mom passed away that he became very involved in my day-to-day life. He worked really hard to make sure that he was there for me in ways that my Mother would have been. We worked together to figure out dinners, laundry, cleaning, and family time. He was always there to help me solve a problem when I went away to BYU. He reassured me that he was only a phone call away. I spent most of my college life calling him for advice on everything. He never missed one of my home games at BYU and missed only a few of my away games. We were a team. We were as close as a father and daughter could be. And I miss that. But I'm grateful that he was there guiding me, encouraging me, disciplining me, inspiring me and supporting me over the past ten years. I have a great amount of respect for my Dad and such a deep love for him. He is missed, but always remembered.

1 comment:

Linds Forrest said...

What a sweet tribute to your Dad. He was/is an incredible man.