Sunday, August 28, 2011

Two Big Boys

Guy Smiley turned three months old on August 24th! He is getting so big. Guy has a smile that is so infectious and he wears it constantly. All you have to do is make eye contact with him and he'll reward you with his million dollar smile. It gets me every time. He is a very sweet baby and loves the presence of his big brother Cash. He quiets down and stares whenever Cash is near. Just hoping for some interaction with him. Cash is so sweet with him. He loves giving him hugs, sometimes a little too roughly, and loves to come over and act like he's taking care of Guy. "Oh, da beebee," he says. And then he'll pet his head, rub his foot, attempt to put the binky in, or give him a toy to play with. I caught him going in while Guy was sleeping and putting toys in the pack n play just in case Guy wanted to play with them. I love seeing those two interact. 

 

Here is what I've learned about Guy in three months: He has a very impatient side when it comes to feeding time. He wants it and he wants it right now! Otherwise he is a very good baby. He can roll from his belly to his back and then back to his belly from both sides. He coos all day long. He just started laughing a little bit. He can grab toys and hold on to them a little better. He smiles more than any other baby I've ever seen. Still has red hair, although it is growing in strawberry blond on top. He is strong for his age. And he drools like nobody's business. Most importantly, he is such a sweetheart. On days when I feel like I just can't do it anymore, he gives me a big ole smile and makes me instantly feel happier. I just love him to pieces.

He was cooing and talking like crazy in this picture.

Cash is sleeping in his big boy bed! He slept in a bed part of the time that we were at the homestead, so we decided to try it out when we got back. We put the twin bed in his room on the floor and hoped for the best. It hasn't been easy, but it's going a lot better than I expected. In the beginning, we had to lay down by him for a while before he would be okay with us leaving or he would fall asleep. After a few weeks, he just needs a bedtime story and then he is good to go. Naptime has been a little bit tricky, but it's been okay. He cries when I shut the door for naptime, but only for a little while. He plays with his toys for a while and I have no idea where he ends up, but he sleeps eventually. One morning I walked in to check and see if he was even on the bed and snapped these pictures. I can't believe how big my little Cashman is. Next step...potty training.

My two big boys.

2 comments:

Scotty and Chels said...

Your boys are so cute! I can't believe how perfectly close our boys and girls will be in age! :) The transition to big bed is definitely hard. I can't believe you can get Cash to stay in the room. Lucy? No way! We have to sit in the chair in there until she's all the way asleep. Yeah, bad parenting I guess. Cash is getting so big! He looks a lot like you I think.

mj said...

Lexi. I bet you're back from Aspen by now. Sorry I missed your message on facebook. I hope you loved it. We didn't live there this year and it was greatly missed. I love the pics of your little boys. So so cute.