Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Merry Christmas! We're Having A BOY!

On Christmas Eve, we called Casey's sister, Jessie Kate, who is serving an LDS mission in South Korea. It was good to hear her voice. She sounds so grown up and Korean! She opened up her Christmas presents that the family sent her while we were all listening. Cash just kept talking gibberish and running around. It sounded like he was speaking Korean to her. Anyway, while everyone was taking their turn to talk to her, I asked Casey if he wanted to open up his Christmas present early. He said, "Of course! Jessie will love that." So I went and grabbed the special present. While Jessie was on the phone and everyone waited in anticipation, Casey opened up the box that had an ultrasound picture of our new baby and a card. The card read...
 
Merry Christmas Daddy. We are having a BOY! 
I love you, Lexi

Casey was thrilled. Cash starting jumping up and down and clapping because everyone was cheering and so excited. He thought he had done something really great. It totally felt like he was celebrating his new baby brother. My eyes filled with tears as I thought about how excited we are to welcome another little baby boy into our family. Casey and I get our dream of having two boys in a row and Cash gets a little brother. The Patterson family can't wait to meet this little guy. I just know that Cash and him are going to be the best of friends. I love my boys!

*During the ultrasound, the nurse was doing her measurements and asked me if I wanted to find out the sex of the baby. I told her I did, and she said, "Good, because I'm going to have a hard time not showing you. The baby keeps flashing me." I started laughing because that's just what Cash did. She turned the screen towards me and sure enough there he was in all his glory. So proud of his manhood, just like Daddy and big brother. These boys crack me up. I started tearing up thinking about how lucky I am that I get to be a Mother to another son of God. I know I've said it before, but it's all worth it. This moment was free from nausea and filled with pure bliss. I'm passed the worse of pregnancy and looking forward to all of the happiness from here on.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You had me tearing up just reading about it! Congrats on another beautiful boy. Can't wait to see the handsome little man.