Saturday, September 18, 2010

An Eternal Marriage

I flew to Utah in mid-July to celebrate the marriage my oldest nephew, Taylor, and his wife Mary. It was also my weekend to help take care of my Dad. We spent the weekend going to doctors appointments, watching movies, and organizing the house. I always enjoy the time I get to spend with my Dad, but it's very stressful having Cash around while doing it. My sisters in Utah do a wonderful job of taking care of him and balancing their own households. I don't know how they do it full time. I just come in a few weekends a month and feel like I'm in over my head. I get overwhelmed between my Dad's medications, care, and appointments, and then Cash's feedings, naps, and diapers. This usually ends in me getting frustrated with my poor old Dad. He is usually pretty patient with me and after I freak out and quickly apologize, he always comments on how I'm so much like my Mom. Ha ha. I'll take that underhanded compliment! While we were there, Cash spent a lot of time in the car and with cousins. Here are some gems.

I spent most of the time helping out in the kitchen at the rehearsal dinner and reception, so I don't have many pictures from the wedding. Here are two of the family pictures from the temple. I'm in the back row with the windblown hair. The wedding was so beautiful. Both bride and groom were gorgeous and glowing. It was so good to spend this special day with them and my family.

No comments: