Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saint Horhey

There's nothing like a reunion with old friends. Cash and I traveled to St. George, Utah in April to reunite with my high school besties, Cecily Madsen Smith and Jennifer Fraser Pilch. We belonged to a group of four friends that sometimes went by the names of OSG or DSC. The meanings of those super secret sisterhoods are going to be kept quiet. Sorry folks. It's for your own good. The fourth member of our group, Chelsea Crum Armstrong, was detained in Kansas helping the troubled. We are all moms now and it's made us even closer. Cecily has two boys, Jenn has one baby boy, and Chelsea has a little girl.

We bunked up at Cecily's parent's beautiful home. Big thanks goes out to Ted and Linda. We had ourselves some good times. We hit up the local TJ Maxx and Cecily kindly reminded us it was that and more. We feasted on rockstar smoothies, girlish salads, quiche, cupcakes, man plates, donuts, and all of the fine dining St. George has to offer.

My favorite part of the trip was just sitting and talking with these two lovely ladies. We stayed up way too late every night reminiscing and laughing. No matter how much time has passed, (ahem nine years since we graduated) we always pick up right where we left off. We could sit and talk or not talk for hours. But seriously.

Cecily and Jenn are hands down my funniest friends. I'm talking straight up funny junk coming at you all the time. We share a bond that I will always cherish. I love them very much. No matter how much they make fun of me, call me BAL/FT, or tease me about Jordan. Here's to memories that only Cess can recall and many future girl's weekends.

I took about a million awesome pictures that weekend, but my computer crashed during download and I lost all of them. So sad. Here's the only ones I have from my iPhone.

Boys in bows and Cecily & Cash bonding. Does it get better than that?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I think that hands down, you are the funniest person ever. I love this post. And I'm glad you had a good time on our girls trip. It was really hard to tell with your bad attitude the entire time. I'm only joking, I only kid because I love you so much. And how beautiful is Cash in the bow? Bennett? Not so much.